Why Chatel for a summer break?! Along with the stunning scenery, meandering streams, roaming Abondance cows and the delicious local cheese and wines, the Abondance valley and surrounding area offers you a host of other activities to enjoy.
• Endless mountain walks.
• Easy access to the higher mountains via the lift system which is open during July and August.
• Hundreds of kilometres of mountain bike trails and Chatel’s famous dedicated bike park including 13 permanent downhill trails, some not for the faint hearted.
• Road cycling. Chatel is the summer home to the Sky Pro Cycling team and the likes of Sir Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome. Chatel, having recently hosted the Tour de Romandie and the Criterium du Dauphine, offers you access to some of road cyclings greatest routes, including the Col de Joux Plane and other epic climbs.
• Golf – play a round on the mountain courses of Les Gets or Villars or the Championship course of Royal Evian where the Ladies Pro Golf Tour holds the annual Evian Masters now their 4th Major!
• 8 tennis courts.
• Summer luge.
• White water rafting on the Dranse river.
• Mini golf.
• Devil karts.
• Regional excursions. Use La Chaumiere and Chatel as your base to visit the likes of Montreux, Evian, and the beaches of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) where sailing and water skiing are available. Or take a trip to beautiful Lake Annecy or the majestic peaks of the Chamonix valley and head up to the snow and incredible views at the top of Chamonix’s Aiguille du Midi at 3842 metres!
Along with our annual Cello and Singing School weeks we now offer a summer option.
Self-catering apartment at the top of La Chaumiere
Modern high quality luxury self-catered apartment within the traditional chalet La Chaumiere.
o Sleeps 4-6 people.
o Bathroom with shower and separate bath.
o Fully equipped kitchen.
o Lounge area with Sky TV, DVD player and iPod docking station. Surround sound flat screen 40” TV.
o Televisions in each bedroom with DVD players.
o Linen and fluffy bath towels are provided along with a selection of Molton Brown products.
o A welcome food hamper including tea, coffee, milk, fruit juice, cereals, bottles of wine and a few treats.
o Complimentary wi-fi and printer available.
o End of week clean of apartment.
o Washing machine and tumble drier.
What’s not included:
· Transfers to and from Geneva airport. Our preferred partner is Lloyd Grace of Professional Transfers. Please book your transfer directly on +33 6320 79007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you could hire a car at Geneva airport and we would be happy to provide parking outside the chalet.
· Local tourist tax of 0.55 cent per night per person over 16 years.
For all bookings and enquiries about summer 2014 please email Kathryn at email@example.com